MSc K.N. Nanbakhsh
Bioelectronics (BE), Department of Microelectronics
Expertise: Integrated circuits and systems for implantables, biosensors and microfabricationThemes: Health and Wellbeing
I received my B.Sc. degree from Urmia University, Iran, and my M.Sc. degree from University of Tehran, Iran, in 2009 and 2012, respectively, all in electrical engineering. Later I moved to Eindhoven, The Netherlands, to join Sapiens Steering Brain Stimulation, a start-up company developing a high-resolution deep brain stimulation (DBS) system. After the acquisition of Sapiens by Medtronic, I continued my work as a senior scientist designing experiments to ensure long-term biostability and biocompatibility of thin-film electrodes during neural stimulation and recording.
My goal is to combine the knowledge of microelectronics and microfabrication to develop miniaturized medical devices.
During my free time, I enjoy cooking, traveling and doing sports.
- POLYMER-ENCAPSULATED SINGLE-CHIP IMPLANTS FOR BIOELECTRONIC MEDICINE
Kambiz Nanbakhsh; Wouter Serdijn; Vasiliki Giagka;
In Book of Abstracts, 7th Dutch Biomedical Engineering Conf. (BME) 2019,
Jan. 24-25 2019.
- Polymer-Encapsulated Single-Chip Implants for Bioelectronic Medicine
K. Nanbakhsh; W. Serdijn; V. Giagka;
In Book of Abstracts, SAFE 2019,
Delft, the Netherlands, July 4-5 2019.
- Effect of Signals on the Encapsulation Performance of Parylene Coated Platinum Tracks for Active Medical Implants
Kambiz Nanbakhsh; Marta Kluba; B. Pahl; F. Bourgeois; Ronald Dekker; Wouter Serdijn; V. Giagka;
In Proc. 41st Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology (EMBC) 2019,
Berlin, Germany, IEEE, July 23-27 2019.
- A Chip Integrity Monitor for Evaluating Long-term Encapsulation Performance Within Active Flexible Implants
Omer Can Akgun; Kambiz Nanbakhsh; Vasiliki Giagka; Wouter A. Serdijn;
In Proc. IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS 2019),
IEEE, October 17-19 2019.
- Circuit and systems for polymeric implants: designing towards increased device lifetimes
K. Nanbakhsh; V. Giagka; W.A. Serdijn;
In Proc. ProRISC,
Enschede, the Netherlands, June 7-8 2018.
- A wireless sensor for monitoring encapsulation performance in non-hermetic implants
K. Nanbakhsh; V. Giagka; W. A. Serdijn;
In Proc. Design of Medical Devices Conf. (DMD) 2017 Microfabrication for Medical Devices,
Eindhoven, 14 – 15 Nov. 2017.
Last updated: 10 Jul 2019