dr. Bjorn de Wagenaar
Electronic Components, Technology and Materials (ECTM), Department of Microelectronics Themes: Health and Wellbeing
After finishing my Master in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Twente, I started my PhD research in the BIOS Lab-on-a-Chip group of Prof. Albert van den Berg. After my PhD, I joined Mimetas – The Organ on Chip Company, where I worked as a hardware and senior engineer for 4.5 years. On the 1st of July 2020 I joined ECTM as Postdoc as part of the Moore4Medical consortium where I lead the development of a smart multi-well plate platform.
My (scientific) experience: Microfabrication & prototyping, impedance spectroscopy & TEER, Organ-on-Chip & cell biology, product development.
1. B. de Wagenaar et al., "Microfluidic single sperm entrapment and analysis". Lab Chip, 2015. 15(5): p. 1294-301.
2. B. de Wagenaar et al., "Towards microfluidic sperm refinement: impedance-based analysis and sorting of sperm cells". Lab Chip, 2016. 16(8): p. 1514-22.
3. B. de Wagenaar et al., "Spermometer: electrical characterization of single boar sperm motility". Fertil. Steril., 2016. 106(3): p. 773-780 e6.
4. J. P. Frimat et al., "Make it spin: individual trapping of sperm for analysis and recovery using micro-contact printing". Lab Chip, 2014. 14(15): p. 2635-41.
5. L. M. Griep et al., "BBB on chip: microfluidic platform to mechanically and biochemically modulate blood-brain barrier function". Biomed Microdevices , 2013. 15(1): p. 145-50.
6. J. J. Kandhai-Ragunath et al., "Endothelial function after ST-elevation myocardial infarction in patients with high levels of high-sensitivity CRP and Lp-PLA2: A substudy of the RESPONSE randomized trial". Cardiovasc Revasc Med, 2017. 18(3): p. 202-206.
7. J. J. Kandhai-Ragunath et al., "Endothelial Dysfunction After ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction and Long-term Outcome: A Study With Reactive Hyperemia Peripheral Artery Tonometry". Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl. Ed.), 2016. 69(7): p. 664-71.
8. J. J. Kandhai-Ragunath et al., "Serial assessment of endothelial function 1, 6, and 12 months after ST-elevation myocardial infarction". Heart Vessels, 2018. 33(9): p. 978-985.
9. J. J. Kandhai-Ragunath et al., "Assessment of the relation between initial culprit vessel patency in acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction and endothelial function". EuroIntervention, 2014. 10(7): p. 784-91.
10. S. Sukas et al., "A novel side electrode configuration integrated in fused silica microsystems for synchronous optical and electrical spectroscopy". Lab Chip, 2014. 14(11): p. 1821-5.
11. M. K. Vormann et al., "Nephrotoxicity and Kidney Transport Assessment on 3D Perfused Proximal Tubules". AAPS J, 2018. 20(5): p. 90.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020