BM1108 Physiology and engineering
Physiology and Engineering consists of two parts.
- A number of excursions.
- A research project, in which the students work in groups to evaluate a medical device that measures or supports a body function. The students will present their work in a lecture.
Study GoalsThe student must be able to:
- Understand the physiological mechanisms in the human body.
- Understand the engineering principles of medical devices.
- Analyse the similarities and differences between the medical device and the physiological system.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the medical device.
- Search and understand relevant scientific literature about the medical device.
- Translate the acquired knowledge to a lecture.
- Show critical thinking.
Last modified: 2016-02-25