ET4371 Digital RF- Advanced Digital Wireless transceivers
- All-digital phase-locked loop (ADPLL) comprising: digitally-controlled oscillator (DCO), time-to-digital converter (TDC), and digital loop filter (HW1).
- All-digital transmitters featuring polar or Cartesian signal processing in digitally-controlled power amplifiers (DPA) with wideband modulation capabilities (HW2)
- Direct-sampling discrete-time receivers comprising switched-cap circuits that perform various FIR and IIR filter operations (HW3).
Education Method: Lectures + design related homework
Literature and Study Materials:
- R. B. Staszewski and P. T. Balsara, All-Digital Frequency Synthesizer in Deep-Submicron CMOS, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Sept. 2006. ISBN: 978-0471772552
- Morteza S. Alavi, Jaimin Mehta Robert Bogdan Staszewski, ''Radio-Frequency Digital-to-Analog Converters,'' 1st Edition, Academic Press, October 2016, ISBN: 9780128022634,
Assessment: RF design related homework’s (50% final grade) + written exam (50% final grade)
dr. Masoud Babaie
dr. Morteza Alavi
RF CMOS/SOI Integrated Circuit
Last modified: 2017-06-13